Does your team require the practical skills to produce great quality short videos in-house without relying on external video companies?
Octave Digital provide a video production training service designed especially to fully boost in-house skills. Delivered by a highly experienced video director and trainer who will ensure your team can successfully plan, shoot, and edit their own in-house video content.
We have successfully delivered video training to organisations including The Arts Council of Northern Ireland, The Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Housing Rights Service, helping them to:
- Understand the range and cost options for video equipment
- Learn practical production and editing skills from an established video director and trainer
- Learn how to promote their videos content online
Typically our in-house video training course consists of the following elements:
- Training Needs Assessment
- Camera Operation
- Video Production
- Video Content Editing
- Promoting Your Videos Effectively
Training Needs Assessment
We will meet with you to assess your requirements and team skills in video production. As part of this short process we will review:
- Any video content you have produced
- Individual team experience in producing video content
- Existing camera and video editing equipment / future investment
We start off the training session with a comprehensive, practical how-to on the following elements:
- How to operate a camera in different situations
- Shutter angle and motion
- Composition – the Rule of Thirds
- Choice of location
- Sound – best practice in recording clean sound
- Straight recording vs dual audio recording
- Lighting – options and the three point lighting technique
Using Final Cut Pro (or chosen programme), your team will learn how to master the following areas:
- Media management
- Basic editing techniques including three point editing
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips
- Zooming in and repositioning a shot
- Stabilising a shaky shot
Practical on Creative Ideas
The team will draw on what they have learned in the previous sessions and will be guided through the treatment and storyboarding of their ideas with the aim of achieving a professional final product.
The hand-on session allows participants to road test the theory and skills gained with guidance from their video trainer.
Video Content Editing
After the team has learned to shoot the content effectively, the team will edit the footage, focussing on telling the story clearly and effectively, adding titles and music where appropriate, and upload the videos onto the internet.
Promoting Your Videos Effectively
The vast majority of organisations fail to promote their video content effectively resulting in poor viewing and engagement rates and a low return on investment. The final part of the session will be devoted to marketing your video content effectively via digital and social media including:
- SEO for video
- Promotion on your website
- Promoting video on social media